Our client is four-star, country house hotel with 83 bedrooms, two restaurants, including a 2AA Rosette restaurant, a bar & terrace, conference and banqueting facilities for up to 250 and its own Leisure Club & Spa, situated on the outskirts of Sutton Coldfield.
We have an exciting opportunity to join their kitchen team as Chef de Partie.
The busy kitchen simultaneously serves two restaurants – The 2 rosette restaurant and a carvery, the Country Kitchen – plus banqueting for up to 200, 70+ weddings a year, conferences and bar food and we are looking for a Chef de Partie to support and strengthen their friendly team. The role offers opportunities to demonstrate cooking, leadership and section management skills.
- To ensure the high standards are met and maintained by all, and be able to demonstrate high levels of attention to detail and pride in the dishes that you produce
- To be highly motivated, and enthusiastic about working with fresh produce
- The ability to control a section, supervising the work of others.
- A good knowledge of food and food hygiene.
- Experience of working in a similar hotel environment,
- A minimum NVQ2 in Professional Cookery or similar
- A sound knowledge of health and safety systems and a flair for menu preparation, food presentation and delivery.
- Good communication skills and a passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service are essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Chef de Partie looking to further their career in the hospitality sector and to join a well-established, family run business.
Salary: 20,000 – £21,000
Shift Patterns: Straight
The package includes a competitive salary, hotel & leisure club discounts, a Company reward scheme and meals on duty.