Head Pastry Chef Wanted
Brookes Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Head Pastry Chef to join the team at a 5* hotel in Crawley
We are looking for someone to Head up our 2/3AA rosette pastry kitchen under our Executive Chef. Creating award winning dishes across the range of menu.
2 Award winning restaurants, (2 Rosettes x 60 covers), (3 Rosettes x 38 covers) together with a range of conference and banqueting and private dining rooms catering for 8 to 95 guests.
- Salary: £40,000 per annum, (£38,000 + £2,000 per annum guaranteed service charge payment paid quarterly)
- An additional end of financial year service charge bonus also paid
- 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
Head Pastry Chef will be leading the pastry section with the support of a Demi Chef, a Commis Chef and two part time Chefs in this 3 Rosette kitchen. The kitchen brigade is made up of 22 chefs and 5 kitchen porters so there is a great team to support you.
The Head Pastry Chef is responsible for;
- Ordering and stock control
- Designing with the Executive Chef menu items for afternoon tea, restaurant as well as banqueting menus
- Produce plated desserts for all menus to 2 & 3 Rosette standard
- Supervision of Commis Chef to achieve consistent standards
- The business is varied offering catering for Spa Guests, Leisure clients, Local guests as well as corporate, conference and banqueting function guests. Alexander House is a popular wedding venue with weddings taking place in the Shelley Suite as well as in the private Wedding Garden.
Requirements – Head Pastry Chef
The ideal candidate would be someone who has worked in a quality environment and is now seeking a head pastry chef role with responsibility for the Pastry section.
- Demonstrate during a trial shift the practical ability to be able to produce plated desserts to 3 Rosette standard
- Demonstrate flair and creativity to build on the successful afternoon tea menu
- Hold the experience to manage the multi menu requirements and banqueting operation
- Ability to control stocks efficiently and to produce quality menu items achieving GP%
- Quality experience in a fresh food environment
- The passion and drive to contribute to the future success of the kitchen brigade who continue to develop award winning dishes
If you are interested please email Jake@brookesrecruitment.com